Southern Right Whale populations were decimated by whaling - practically wiped out everywhere except the Great Australian Bight, where their numbers have increased making this one of the most spectacular whale watching sites in South Australia (or indeed, the world). At Head of Night near the Nullarbor Plain in the State's Far West you can almost look down on dozens of whales and their calves as they congregate along the white sandy deserted beaches and stunning coastal cliffs each winter.
With the awe-inspiring Bunda Cliffs as its backdrop and in the company of whale and local specialists, this Head of Bight tour offers a unique opportunity to view over 100 whales and take a whale-watching trip in Fowlers Bay to see them from the water and learn more about these extraordinary animals.
You'll also see the extraordinary scenery and wildlife of this part of Australia. You'll feast on delicious fresh seafood served with local wines, boutique beers and good old-fashioned local hospitality. This tour really is a uniquely wonderful way to see ‚Australia's Seafood Frontier. Lovers of seafood will be in their element with some once-in-a-lifetime foodie experiences such as the unique Coffin Bay Oyster Farm Tour. Nature lovers will be thrilled by the koalas at Mikkira Station and there's opportunity to swim with friendly Australian Sea Lions - another endangered species that seeks this regions protected waters.
The scenery of the Eyre Peninsula is diverse and spectacular. From the pristine beaches to rugged coastlines, your local guide will share their passion and knowledge of this world-class destination and show you all the hidden gems you would never otherwise find.
Note, we can arrange all travel to and from tour locations, quote for group bookings, and tailor any packages as required.
- The company of ‘Hassie’, Eyre Peninsula local as your expert guide throughout.
- Swim with Australian Sealions
- Local seafood, oysters and wines from the ‘Australian Seafood Capital’.
- Whale watching boat tour plus visit the famous Head of Bight centre.
- Coffin Bay oyster tour - world-renowned oysters straight from the sea.
- Award-winning dining, beach-side feasts, and pop-up seafood restaurants.
- Explore the wilderness of the Nullabor and incredible remote seascapes and coastlines.