“WIN an Adventure of a Lifetime in South Africa” Promotion Terms & Conditions.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
2. The Promoter is Mike Da Silva & Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN: 50 003 894 022) of Level 17, The Ark, Coca-Cola Place, 40 Mount Street. North Sydney, New South Wales 2060. Australia. 2089. (‘MDSA’). The Promoter’s decisions regarding this Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. The Born Free Foundation, 2nd Floor, Frazer House, 14 Carfax, Horsham, West Sussex. RH12 1ER, United Kingdom and The Ecoflix Foundation, 24730 Long Valley Road, Hidden Hills, Los Angeles. CA 91302. United States of America, are both Partners in this Promotion. (“Partners”).
4. Entry is open to any person residing in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Europe, the United States of America (excluding New York State & Florida), Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), South America and South Africa, aged 18 years and over, void elsewhere and/or where prohibited by law.
5. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Partners, Agencies and their related corporate bodies, are not eligible to enter this Promotion. The Winner may be expected to complete a Statutory Declaration, evidencing their identity and age, before claiming their Prize.
6. The Promotion commences at 12.01 am Australian Eastern Standard time (AEST) on Monday June 20, 2022 and closes at 5.00pm (AEST) on Friday September 30, 2022 (‘Promotion Period’).
7. To enter the promotion, participants must log on to the Ecoflix central Promotion web site: http://deluxelife.com.au/win-a-south-african-experience-of-a-lifetime, complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period. All eligible entries will be entered in the draw. One entry per Entrant permitted.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
9. All eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will be entered into the Grand Prize computerised random draw which will take place at 2.00pm (AEDT) on Friday October 7, 2022, at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street. North Sydney. NSW 2060 Australia. The first valid and eligible entry drawn will be the Grand Prize Winner. The Winner will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business of the draw. The Winner’s name will be published on ecoflix.com/southafrica after 3pm (AEDT), Friday October 14, 2022, for a period of 28 days.
10. The Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize is an 8 night trip for two adults, to Cape Town and the Shamwari Private Game Reserve, South Africa. Inclusions:
• Return economy airfares for 2 adults, from the Prize Winner’s nearest Capital City serviced by the airline selected by the Promoter, to Cape Town, South Africa. (Flight associated taxes are included).
• Return airport transfers from the Cape Town International Airport to the hotel.
• Six nights twin share accommodation, with breakfasts, in a 4 star hotel in Cape Town, selected by the Promoter.
• A tour to Table Mountain, Cape Town.
• A one day tour to the Stellenbosch Wine region.
• Return economy airfares for 2 from Cape Town to Gqeberha (formerly Port Elizabeth).
• Return road transfers to Shamwari Private Game Reserve, from Gqeberha.
• Two nights at Shamwari Private Game Reserve, with meals.
• A visit to Born Free’s Big Cat Sanctuary to see their rescued lions and leopard
Total maximum value of the Prize Bank is AUD$15,500, (US$11,000) which is correct at the time of publication.
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in any element of the Prize. Individual Terms & Conditions may apply for each element of the Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize is valid to December 31 2023 and is subject to airfare and accommodation availabilities, school holidays or blackout periods. The Grand Prize cannot be refunded for cash, exchanged or transferred or used in conjunction with any Frequent Flyer or Loyalty Programme. Any element not taken will be forfeited and no compensation will be payable or given.
The free Gift.
All eligible entrants will be invited to accept a complimentary subscription to Ecoflix, valid for two months from their date of entry, valued at AUD$20 (US$13.98) (Conditions apply).
11. All components of the Grand Prize must be taken together. Travel restrictions may apply. The Winner and their travel companion must travel together. Insurances, meals, transfer costs, tips, domestic travel to and from any departure point, room service, minibar, telephone charges and any other personal expenses, (other than those specified in clause 10), are the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion. If for any reason, the winner is unable to accept their Prize as stated, and within the dates indicated, the winner will forfeit the Prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
If any portion of the Grand Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any element of the Prize, for an element of similar theme and of equal value, subject to State regulation and subsequent approval.
12. Any travel or entry documentation, such as Passports, entry Visas, health regulations, immunisations, certifications & any Insurances, will be the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion. It is the Winner’s responsibility to check with the Government travel advisory and immigration authorities in their Country regarding travel requirements and eligibility to enter South Africa. Any fines, penalties, payments and expenditure incurred as a result of not meeting such requirements will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, delay or rescheduling of any element of the Grand Prize. Any costs incurred without limitation, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner and their travel companion.
14. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, health pandemic or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original Grand Prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter and any associated companies involved in the Promotion, make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any Grand Prize locations. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion, to check all Government travel advisory information in their own country regarding the safety and any other situation at any Grand Prize locations before leaving their country.
15. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
16. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorised access, or alteration of entries. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of a Winner not claiming the Grand Prize or it is forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise. The Promoter will conduct a further draw, as required, at the same time and place as the original draw, on Tuesday, January 10, 2023. The second chance draw Winner will be notified in writing and by phone within 2 business days of the redraw. The name of any second chance draw Winner will be published from Tuesday January 17, 2023 on ecoflix.com/southafrica for a period of 28 days.
18. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
19. The Promoter will collect information about entrants to include them in this Promotion and to award the Grand Prize. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this competition.
20. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information, to Australian State and Territory Lottery Departments, the Winner’s name will be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation and the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner's name, suburb and Country, in any media.
21. By participating in this Promotion, entrants consent to the storage of their entry information on The Born Free Foundation and The Ecoflix databases after they accept the invitation of the complimentary one month’s subscription.
22. The Promoter collects data which entrants provide when participating in this Promotion only in order to conduct the random draw to select the Winner of the Grand Prize in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and relevant State Government Permits. After a Winner formally accepts the Grand Prize, the Promoter will delete all entrant data.
23. Information about how The Born Free Foundation and The Ecoflix Foundation, both Partners in this Promotion, handle any entrant information, and deal with any complaints in connection with this Promotion, will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Statements of both Partners, copies of which are at:
https://ecoflix.com/privacy and https://www.bornfree.org.uk/storage/media/content/files/Frazer%20House%20address/Born_Free_Data_Privacy_Notice_0121_v2.pdf
24. Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/04203, ACT Permit No. TP22/01032, & SA Licence No. T22/816.